The connection of the plasterboard between them deserves to be carried out carefully, using a suitable coating and the joint strip. It is the same salient angles.
1. First apply a coarse layer of plaster on the edge with a painter's knife. After wetting and bending at 90°, apply the tape and seal it in the plaster.
2. Form the edge and smooth the plaster with the painter's knife. A second layer of plaster allows to drown the armed band while reconditioning the angle of the edge.
Between two plates
1. Fill the joint formed between the plates with plasterboard specific plaster. Force the plaster well between the two plates.
2. Moisten the seal strip. Unroll it on the still fresh plaster by plating it with the flat of your hand.
3. Smooth with the painter's knife to adhere the seal strip. Let dry well. Apply a second coat of plaster to the joint strip. Let dry. Sand with sandpaper and a sanding block.
Produce in the same way as for a flat joint (with plaster and a joint strip), but using a corner trowel.
What fixation for what weight?
The ability of plasterboard to withstand loads is limited. For items over 50 kg (washbasin, kitchen furniture, etc.), it is necessary to provide a reinforcement behind the plate (doubling to achieve) or to arrange the anchor points in the frames (dubbing in place). Hooks are preferably installed with specific rocking dowels.
- Up to 5 kg: type "X" hooks
- Up to 50 kg: self-drilling dowels ("queues-de-chochon") or rocker
- Above 50 kg: reinforcements behind the plate or fixation in the frames. Place supports and / or structural reinforcements beforehand.
Deal with obstacles
The passage of beams or joists is made by notching the plate at the passage thereof. To get around the obstacle, you have to adapt the ceiling rail. For this, cut the sides of the profile with a sheet metal shear and bend the profile accordingly. It is arranged to arrange the vertical rails so that they do not fall at the level of a joist.
(photos / visuals: © System D, except special mention)
On the same topic
- DIY tips
- Partition and distribution partitions
This may interest you