The quality of the air inside a house is a guarantee of the good health of the family. It is necessary to eliminate all the bad smells, especially that of the cigarette. There are some easy and effective methods to get rid of the cigarette smell at home.
With a smoker at home, the rest of the family is exposed daily to passive smoking. To avoid any health concerns, a complete cleaning of the house is the best solution. The bad smell left by cigarette smoke is easily encrusted on the tissues and stays in the air for a long time, whatever the affected part. Here are the steps of a thorough cleanup:
- Move the furniture out of the house to purify them with sunlight and outside air.
- Open all doors and windows to renew the air, then activate all the aeration systems for a whole day.
- Put all curtains, sofas and decorative fabric accessories in a washing machine. Use a well-scented powdered soap.
- Clean the windows and all corners of the house.
- Sprinkle baking soda on the furniture. Let stand for an hour. Aspire.
- Wipe the walls with a cloth. If their condition has deteriorated for some time, it's time to clean them with a sponge and soap.
- Wash the floor with a mixture of very hot water, Marseille soap or black liquid soap mixed with white vinegar.
- Clear all unnecessary materials and waste.
Apply natural products
After cleaning, the air becomes cooler. But it is possible that the smell of cold tobacco did not completely disappear. To optimize the elimination of this odor, some methods based on natural products can take over.
- Design scented natural oil: you have to make a solution to spread in every room of the house. It is advisable to spray a mixture of one liter of water with essential oil of eucalyptus or lavender.
- Arrange some natural products inside the house: it's about putting a handful of coal in an ashtray. This material will absorb the remaining cigarette odor that floats in the surrounding air.
- Prepare a mixture with 5 tablespoons sea sand and 3 tablespoons of Provence herbs. Pour a teaspoon of the preparation into the ashtray before the smoker lights his cigarette. It must be repeated every three days to eliminate the smell of tobacco.
On the same topic
- DIY tips
- How to get rid of cat pee smell?
- Clean and detach with hydrogen peroxide: 15 tips
- How to avoid a house fire?
- How and when to clean the VMC: tutorial
- How to clean the house with chimney ash?
- 11 tips for cleaning everything with dishwashing liquid
- Tips and tricks for cleaning with Sommières earth
This may interest you