- The decoration in letters
- Decorative words and arabesques on the windows
- Customize a basket
- A tray decorate with letters
- A friendly entrance like the letters of old signs
Make your own decoration and use words and letters like old signs to animate the rooms of the house: here is a wealth of creative DIY ideas!
The decoration in letters
To write! On the walls of the kitchen or the entrance, a word is enough to personalize the place and make it warm.
- In zinc, iron or wood, the ancient letters that once adorned the façades of the shops are popular. These letters can also be simply asked, forming a word on a chimney. They are easily found in flea markets, or new (Alinea, Hema, Cultura).
- Feel free to take the brush to write in letters, on the medium of your choice, with the help of stencils.
- And, if you have a weakness for the calligraphy, let yourself be seduced by the adhesive friezes, which will quickly adorn a wall of a beautiful sentence full of poetry...
Decorative words and arabesques on the windows
- Make a mixture of white Meudon (or Spain) powder to which is added a few drops of water until the consistency of a thick pancake batter.
- With a brush brush, apply liberally to a pane.
- Leave to dry for 15 minutes.
- With your finger, a spatula, or a pencil of paper, depending on the thickness of the line you want to obtain, draw words or arabesques. The white is removed where one traces.
- Measure the composition of the drawing to obtain a greater or lesser transparency and thus vary the light that will enter the room.
Customize a basket
- Compose the letters P A I N on a computer, with the typography chosen and the right size for the bread box.
- With tape, fix the letters obtained on an adhesive paper (Venilia), as for a sewing pattern.
- Cut out the two layers to obtain letters of adhesive paper to place.
- They can come off and reposition themselves.
A tray decorate with letters
- Clean the metal letters with a cloth.
- In a square or rectangular wooden tray, position them to read the desired word.
- Place a 2 mm thick glass cut to the inside dimensions of the tray over it (it will bear on the highest letters).
- Carefully push tips without upholsterer's head onto the edge of the tray and gently fold them down with the hammer to stall the glass.
A friendly entrance like the letters of old signs
- Draw a horizontal line in pencil on the wall where you want to place your message.
- Before setting or painting the letters, think of calculating regular gaps between each of them.
- A fun way to make letters: salt dough, painted with a brush or a bomb.