- Fittings: crimp, brass, compression, without tools...
- Crimp connection
- Compression fitting
- Interlocking fitting
The connection of the multilayer pipes is very simple and especially without welding, by means of three types of connections: crimp, mechanical and interlocking.
Fittings: crimp, brass, compression, without tools...
The crimp fitting requires a bender (or crimping tool), an expensive tool that you can buy if you engage in heavy work. But to make a single room or small repairs, you also have the option to rent it.
The brass fitting has two O-rings and a stainless steel ring that is crushed to seal during crimping. This type of connection is definitive, it can not be disassembled.
Compression fitting is more expensive, but has two practical advantages: a simple adjustable wrench makes it possible to screw the nuts, and it is removable. If you made a mistake, it's easy to release the tube and start over. Like other fittings, it must remain accessible. You must not embed or drown in a slab.
Some brands now offer fittings to be implemented without any tools. Their price is high but they are extremely simple to use. To put them in place, simply insert the tube into the fitting. The icing on the cake, they disassemble without difficulty using a specific tool provided by the manufacturer, and they are reusable.
Insert the perfectly deburred tube into the crimp fitting until it is visible at the indicator.
- Insert the connector in the jaw of the clamp with the bead in the groove... guarantee of a good positioning.
- Operate the crimping pliers to crush the ring around the fitting.
- Remove the clamp, the seal is perfect.
- Important step: deburr the tube perfectly and then fit the nut and compression ring at its end.
- Connect the two parts by inserting the tube on the fitting until refusal.
- Bring the elements together.
- Screw the nut with a simple adjustable wrench.
- You do not need to tighten as much as you can to get a perfect seal.
- As with crimp or compression fittings, deburr the tube thoroughly before inserting it into the fitting as far as it will go.
At "click", the connection is closed.
The green light indicates that the tube is in place and the connection is tight.
- To disassemble it, place the tool on the tube.
- Pull on each side.
- The indicator stays green but the connection can be reused.