Everyone knows the misting systems of the café and restaurant terraces. But we do not always know that it is possible to install this kind of device on its own terrace awning, or even on a large umbrella. Just have a water intake and connect the accessory on a garden faucet. The higher the pressure, the finer the misting.
The kit consists of:
- A supply pipe
- Several misting nozzles
- A bag containing fasteners and riders
- An end and nozzle tip
- A quick agreement "male"
Provide a double connection (selector) at the tap
Installation of the misting kit
1. The misting kit includes a number of brass nozzles. Screw the nozzles onto the brass misting fittings.
2. Fit the mist hoses into the self-locking couplings.
3. Fit the end cap at the end of the circuit.
Fixing the supply pipe
1. Secure the fogger supply hose with the jumpers. Be careful not to crush the tube with an unfortunate hammer blow!
2. The misting kit is suspended from the awning by lanyard fasteners. Wrap the fastening strips around the pipe.
3. Hook the "crocodile" type clamps on the blinds.
Connection to water and activation of misting
1. Screw the quick connector "male" onto the end of the supply hose.
2. Engage the quick coupling on the hose feeding the fogger.
3. To be able to continue to have a separate power supply for the misting kit and for a garden hose, install a double fitting on the tap.
4. Connect the supply pipe of the fogger on the one hand...
5... and connect the garden hose.
6. Open the tap, with the valves on the double connector (selector) closed.
7. Open the supply valve of the misting system.
8. Fogger in action.
(photos / visuals: © DIY-Prod, except special mention)
On the same topic
- DIY tips
- The criteria of choice for the purchase of an awning
- Automation of a blind: energy savings
This may interest you