The installation of shelves is a recurring problem. Over the years, we accumulate books and items that must be stored. Various systems allow the installation of shelves on which go from the simple square to the systems of racks by way of end brackets or a device of support "invisible".
Shelves on bracket-bracket
1. Using a plumb line or laser level, position the square to mark the piercing points.
2. Locate the location of the second square.
3. By guiding the two laser beams (horizontal and vertical), mark the drilling points of the second square.
4. Drill and peel according to the nature of the wall. We are here in the presence of a plasterboard doubling to provide specific expansion pegs.
5. Secure the brackets to the wall by screwing them securely.
6. Make pilot holes in the shelf with a twist.
7. Place the locking screws under the shelf.
8. Check the horizontality of the shelf at the bubble level.
Shelves on racks
1. Identify the position of the central rack.
2. Adjust rack verticality with a bubble level (or with a plumb line or laser level) and mark its location.
3. Identify the location of the other racks. Provide a spacing of 1 m maximum.
4. Mark all the drill holes on the racks and mark them on the wall.
5. Peg according to the nature of the wall and fix the racks to the screwdriver.
6. Position the brackets at the desired height.
7. Bring the shelf to the consoles and check the horizontality of the shelf at the bubble level.
8. Secure the locking screw under the shelf to the screwdriver.
Invisible fixing shelves
1. Determine the height of the shelf (here, at 1.40 m from the ground) floor.
2. Set the leveling plate, then mark the drilling points in pencil.
3. Drill the wall (here, in plasterboard) with the appropriate drill bit.
4. We use expansion anchors, specific to the plasterboard: hammer the dowels and expand them with a suitable pliers.
5. Secure the deck to the wall. Undo the screws, position the plate and tighten the screws.
6. Engage the shelf on its turntable and secure the lock screws on the shelf.
Shelves on end brackets
1. Use a laser level to determine the positioning of the end brackets.
2. Determine the height of one of the end brackets and trace its position.
3. Mark the piercing points in pencil.
4. Drill, peg and screw the square to the wall.
5. Engage the first shelf and align with the laser beam.
6. Mark the piercing points on the opposite square.
7. Fix the opposite square drill, peg and screw.
(photos / visuals: © DIY-Prod, except special mention)
On the same topic
- DIY videos
- All about different shelving systems
- DIY tips
- Install an invisible fixing shelf
- Put a shelf on squares
- Secure a shelf with tesa® two-sided tape
- Pegs to fix in a plasterboard
- Mount a shelf on invisible fasteners
- Repair a shelf without using ankle
- Install shelves on wall consoles
- Side rack racks, installation
- How to fix a wall mirror?
This may interest you