Highly dissuasive, video surveillance is a good solution to protect your home and its surroundings. Relatively accessible in terms of price and, especially, installation, it can also be connected to an Internet box and viewed remotely.
In addition to other means of protection (defense grid, shutter reinforcement, alarm...), video surveillance is a solution to secure a home. If it does not prevent the intrusion, it can be very dissuasive: the images recorded by the cameras (placed inside and outside the house) can indeed be very useful in case of burglary to identify the authors. They can be recorded on a hard disk installed at home or at an external service provider.
Direct control from a smartphone or tablet
Depending on the model, the camera can be fixed, with a wide angle of vision, or motorized, to track any movement by scanning. Those that incorporate a movement detector engage each time in front of the infrared cell. Most have a focal HD, for a quality image. Some are even equipped with an optical zoom for even more precision. Finally, there are models to night vision or equipped with LEDs, effective even in the dark. The images can be viewed on a dedicated monitor or via a smartphone, computer or tablet connected to the Internet when you are outside the home. It is possible to couple the video surveillance system to an alarm equipped with detectors (door switch, motion cell...). In case of anomaly, an alert is sent by SMS or e-mail: this allows to visualize in real time what is happening at home and to prevent, if necessary, the competent authorities. A contract can also be taken out with a security company responsible, if necessary, to warn the occupants of the housing and to intervene.
CCTV kit: quickly operational
With the CCTV kit installed here, you do not need to subscribe to an additional monthly subscription. An internet connection is sufficient to access the images filmed by the cameras. The installation of these and their connection is a breeze - only the programming part requires a little more time. But the system can quickly be operational. This kit (AHD 960P Safety Gooddeal, proposed at 485 €) includes a connection box to which can be added a specific hard drive (SATA), four fixed dome cameras and dedicated wiring, which does not require additional power.
Note that a hard disk with a large capacity is better to store a maximum of HD images
- Define the location of the installation of video cameras.
- Unscrew the base, then place it on the wall or ceiling to mark with a pencil the fixing holes to be made.
- Perforator equipped with a drill bit (Ø 6 mm), drill and peg.
- Easily retrieve drill residue by attaching a piece of paper to the wall with adhesive.
- Screw the base, starting with the bottom screw, then slide the two cables of the camera into the lug of the base allowing it to pass.
- Place the other three screws.
- Gently pull on the cables while positioning the camera on the base.
- Orient it according to the desired viewing angle.
- Screw the dome to its base with the provided key.
- Drill, dowel, screw a PVC electrical trunking (1.24 mm) or strip an electrical installation duct to the recorder.
- Connect the cables to the camera.
- Unscrew the front panel of the DVR, then install the hard disk to record the filmed images.
- Connect it to the recorder and fix it with the screws provided.
- Connect the camera to the video port of the recorder, then feed it to the dedicated transformer.
- Install an RJ45 link on its Internet box and turn on the recorder.
- Connect a monitor to the recorder, then make the settings.
- From a smartphone, tablet or computer, create an account on the dedicated server to view the images remotely.
Tips from handymen
- It is advisable to place your CCTV cameras in traffic areas (corridor, entrance...) or large rooms to fully visualize any movement of potential intruders.
- Important to note: only the inside of the housing or its immediate surroundings can be filmed. And a sign must inform passers-by, neighbors and visitors of the presence of such a device. More info: cnil.fr