- What is the role of the union council of a co-ownership?
- The union council of co-ownership in practice
The union council is an essential organ of the co-ownership. Representative of the syndicate of co-ownership, he assists and controls the management of the syndic. Specific functions, composition, mandate, remuneration... useful information to know about the union council.
What is the role of the union council of a co-ownership?
The union council's first function is to control management the condominium manager.
- It must thus ensure the application by the latter of the decisions taken at the general meeting.
- The union council assists the trustee in his decisions and seeks to improve the management of the co-ownership.
- He is the first contact of the co-owners and serves as an intermediary between them and the trustee.
- The board represents the co-owners with the trustee, always looking out for their interests.
The tasks of the Trade Union Council put into practice:
- development of estimated budget in collaboration with the co-ownership trustee.
- supervision of the application of this budget and examination of the annual accounts.
- followed quotes and works implemented and renegotiated contracts with the trustee.
- ensures the recovery of various unpaid.
- possible obtaining of special mandates granted by the GA which then entrusts to him certain missions outside its usual framework of intervention.
The union council of co-ownership in practice
The union council consists of a President, designated as such by its members, and a limited number of co-owners, elected by an absolute majority by the general assembly.
The members of the union council thus have a mandate for a maximum of 3 years, although renewable.
- Each of them is entitled to voluntarily terminate his mandate at any time.
- A GA vote may also decide to dismiss one of these members.
When more than 1/4 of the board seats are vacant, it is no longer regularly constituted.
The members of the union council are volunteers because they are not paid. Only expenses required by the application of their missions will be reimbursed by the co-owners.
To note: in case of serious misconduct occurring within the framework of a mission of the union council, its members can be held responsible for it. Their function engages their responsibility. Example of serious misconduct: a disproportionate control of the actions of the trustee.