- Clean the mirror with lemon
- Clean the sink with lemon
- Clean the bathtub using lemon
- Clean the tiles in the bathroom
- Clean faucets with lemon
- Clean glass shower cabins
- Clean shower curtains
- Clean the windows of the bathroom windows
Thanks to its cleaning and disinfecting properties, lemon can replace several cleaning products. Its handling is also simpler, not like some toxic chemicals. This product also respects all materials: plastics, glass, wood, chrome, iron... It is thus suitable for scouring the bathroom!
Clean the mirror with lemon
The mirror gets dirty easily because of traces of limestone and fingers. Lemon makes it easy to clean and shine. The lemon recipe for shining the mirror is:
- Wipe the mirror with a clean, lint-free cloth;
- Spray lemon juice on the mirror;
- Clean the mirror with a newspaper or a microfiber cloth;
- Scraping to remove remaining traces.
In the absence of a sprayer, simply cut the lemon in half and rub half of the lemon directly on the mirror. This is then dried with a clean cloth.
At the end of the cleaning, we can apply90° alcohol on the mirror to prevent the appearance of steam when taking a shower.
Clean the sink with lemon
To clean, shine and disinfect, the lemon has no equal. It allows to restore its initial appearance to a very dirty sink. To do this:
- Clean the sink at thesoaped water;
- Rinse thoroughly before rubbing with half a lemon, insisting well on all nooks;
- Leave the lemon to act for a few minutes before rinsing with water;
- Repeat as many times as necessary to remove lime scale from the sink.
After this lemon wash, the sink is perfectly disinfected and shines brightly.
Clean the bathtub using lemon
Over time, the bathtub may turn yellowish because of limescale deposits. These are very difficult to remove even when rubbing vigorously with a brush. It is then tempted to use chemicals that are both expensive and toxic. To save money and preserve the environment, it is better to cover the cleansing properties of lemon to clean the bathtub. For this use, you must:
- Spray the whole bath with pure lemon juice;
- Then sprinkle the whole bath with table salt;
- Let act a thirty minutes;
- Clean the humidified tub with white vinegar;
- Rinse with large amounts of water.
After this treatment, the bathtub should regain its whiteness and shine. She will also be perfectly smooth.
Clean the tiles in the bathroom
Like the bathtub, the tiles in the bathroom can become yellow because of the many passages and traces of limestone. To restore its original appearance, the tiles will be cleaned with lemon and salt. It is necessary:
- Soak half of a lemon in coarse salt;
- Rub the joints of the tiles with the lemon;
- Leave on for about fifteen minutes before rinsing with clear water.
Lemon can also be used with baking soda to clean and shine the tiles. It takes baking soda, White vinegar and lemon for deep cleaning. Proceed as follows:
- Mix 2 tablespoons of baking soda with 2 tablespoons of white vinegar;
- Pour hot water, then use this solution to scrub the tiles;
- Rinse thoroughly;
- Then moisten a sponge with lemon juice and wipe the tiles;
- Let stand approximately one hour before rinsing.
This treatment cleans the dirtiest tiles.
Clean faucets with lemon
Lemon is the best product for descaling faucets. To take advantage of this sanitizing property, it is necessary to rub the faucets and the joints with the half of a lemon, then rinse with water. The faucets and seals are then dried with a microfiber cloth to prevent water from leaving traces. To descale faucet tips and foamers, simply attach the lemon directly and let stand overnight. The next day, lightly rub the tips and foamers, then rinse. In case the valves and seals are very dirty, it is possible to disassemble them and dive them overnight in lemon water. The next day, the dirt encrusted between the joints will be easier to eliminate.
Clean glass shower cabins
The main concern with glass shower cubicles is that they get easily scoured by splashing water. The task here is to work on a large enough surface, it is advisable to use the lemon second cleaning to save. First, clean the glass shower enclosure with soapy water. After rinsing, use the lemon to eliminate the traces of limestone that persist. Do not hesitate to rub the stains directly with half a lemon. Allow the citric acid to work for about 15 minutes before rinsing. It is recommended to use a squeegee to avoid water marks. Then dry with a microfiber cloth. Lemon is just as effective as products sold at the supermarket.
Clean shower curtains
It is also possible to whiten the shower curtains yellowed with lemon. For machine washable shower curtains, the usual detergent is supplemented with a certain amount of lemon juice. Citric acid will give sparkle to shower curtains. Another method is to directly place the lemon in the drum with the shower curtains. You must first cut two or three lemons in quarters, remove the seeds and place the quarters in a cloth pouch. If the shower curtains are very dirty, you can add baking soda in the machine.
In the case where the shower curtains can not be put into a machine, they must be soaked in a bowl of hot water with lemon juice and baking soda. Soak for about 30 minutes before gently rubbing by hand. Rinse with plenty of water and let it dry in the open air.
Clean the windows of the bathroom windows
Clogged windows are unsightly and do not let enough sunlight. The sun's rays are essential, however, as entering the bathroom, they reduce moisture causing mold and many other worries. Thus, the window panes should be regularly cleaned. To do this, bring a bucket of hot water, lemon juice, a microfiber cloth and newspaper. The cleaning steps are as follows:
- Pour the lemon juice into the hot water;
- Form a ball with the newspaper and moisten it in lemon water;
- Rub the windows with newspaper by operating from left to right;
- Wipe off remaining traces with a microfiber cloth.
On the same topic
- DIY tips
- Clean everything in the house with toothpaste
- How to make ecological cleaning capsules for toilets?
- 13 cleaning tips with table salt
- Measurements and dimensions for a bathroom
- Clean everything in the bathroom with vinegar
- Practical storage tips for the bathroom
- How to clean the joints of a bathroom tile?
- How to clean the bathtub with white vinegar?
- Clean your bathroom with baking soda
- How to unclog the tub with white vinegar?
This may interest you