- Clean the floor of the bathroom
- Clean the bathroom drain
- Clean the tile joints
- Clean taps bleached with scale
- Clean the shower head
- Clean the bathtub
- Clean the mirror
- Clean the sink
Because of the moisture that promotes the growth of mold and scale, cleaning the bathroom can be complicated. However, with white vinegar, it quickly regains its splendor. This is the basic ingredient to always have in the closet to effectively and easily clean the water feature.
Clean the floor of the bathroom
The White vinegar is a formidable weapon to fight limescale and mold. It is so perfect for clean the tiles in the bathroom. Indeed, with time, the tiles become yellowish or greenish because of limestone and mold. You have to know that white vinegar is both a bactericidal, a antiseptic and an excellent descaling. To shine the tiles, the steps to follow are as follows:
- Pour 2 tablespoons of white vinegar and 2 tablespoons of baking soda into a large bucket of hot water;
- Mix everything well;
- Use this solution to clean the floor with a mop.
You must know that vinegar does not leave an unpleasant odor. It disappears quickly once the soil is dry. In the case where the traces of limestone persist, the white vinegar is applied directly on the concerned part. It is then left about fifteen minutes to act, then rinsed with a wet sponge. The operation can be repeated several times if the traces are persistent.
White vinegar can also be mixed with liquid soap (type Marseille soap) to clean the bathroom tile. To do this:
- Mix ½ cup white vinegar and ¼ cup liquid soap with 4 liters hot water;
- Clean the floor with a mop;
- Rinse with clear water.
Clean the bathroom drain
Bad odors sometimes go up from the pipes in the bathroom. This is due to the accumulation of dirt in the drain pipes. White vinegar is perfect for removing bad odors from the pipe. To do this:
- Pour white vinegar into a bowl;
- Add 2 tablespoons of baking soda;
- Add the juice of a lemon;
- Pour the mixture into the pipe;
- Wait a few minutes, then pour hot water to rinse.
The unpleasant smell should disappear. It is recommended to do this tip once a month as a prevention.
Clean the tile joints
Cleaning with a mop is not always enough to remove the dirt that gets stuck in the tile joints. To clean them, you must:
- Pour white vinegar up to two-thirds of a sprayer;
- Fill the rest of the bottle with lukewarm water;
- Add 2 tablespoons of baking soda and shake gently to mix;
- Spray the solution on the joints;
- Leave on for about fifteen minutes, then clean with a toothbrush;
- Rinse and dry thoroughly with a damp sponge.
Clean taps bleached with scale
It is not easy to get rid of tartar when the faucets have remained long without cleaning. To give them a second youth, vinegar is used alone or with another ingredient. Simply:
- Heat a cup of white vinegar in the microwave for 30 seconds;
- Wet a cloth with the hot vinegar, then scrub the faucets.
Vinegar can be applied using a sprayer to reach hard-to-reach areas.
Clean the shower head
The shower head is scaled fairly quickly and has a whitish appearance. To clean it effectively, it is necessary to bring a plastic bag, elastic and white vinegar. The cleaning steps are as follows:
- Pour a little white vinegar into the bag;
- Insert the shower head into the pocket and secure with the elastic band;
- Open the tap to fill the water bag, then close when the pommel is completely submerged;
- Let the pommel soak in the vinegar water for about an hour;
- Release the water and rub the pommel with a sponge, then rinse.
Clean the bathtub
White vinegar is perfect for cleaning the bathtub. To get a better result, it is used with baking soda. So, just mix ½ cup of white vinegar with 1 spoonful of baking soda. The cleaning steps are as follows:
- Apply the mixture to the entire surface of the tub using a sponge;
- Leave on for about twenty minutes;
- Rinse thoroughly with clean water.
If the tub is not particularly dirty, it can be cleaned with white vinegar only. To do this:
- Mix a quarter of white vinegar with three quarters of hot water;
- Transfer the mixture to a sprayer for ease of use;
- Spray the entire surface of the bathtub;
- Leave on for about fifteen minutes;
- Rub with a sponge;
- Rinse with clear water.
The bathtub should be cleaned at least once a week to keep it white and bright. Moreover, this prevents the appearance of bad smells.
Clean the mirror
Because of the humidity and the dust as well as frequent projections of products (toothpaste, gel...), the mirror is soiled rather quickly. Fortunately, it can be easily cleaned with a mixture of water and white vinegar. For that:
- Mix ½ cup white vinegar with ½ cup cold water;
- Transfer the mixture into a spray;
- Spray the mixture on the mirror and wipe with a sheet of newspaper rolled into a ball;
- Pass the squeegee so that there is no trace left on the mirror.
Clean the sink
It is possible to clean the sink without getting tired and without wasting time. Simply:
- Line the entire surface of the washbasin with paper towels;
- Pour warm vinegar on the absorbent paper;
- Leave to act for about thirty minutes;
- Remove the paper towel, then rinse.
Persistent stains will be removed by rubbing with a toothbrush. If there is still some left at the end of the operation, sprinkle with baking soda and then drizzle with white vinegar. It will then be easier to remove the stain with a brush.
White vinegar is used to clean surfaces such as ceramics, chrome or glass. However, it is not suitable for cleaning aluminum and marble.
On the same topic
- DIY tips
- How to remove silicone: 4 effective tips
- Clean everything in the house with toothpaste
- How to help Feng Shui for his organization in the house?
- How to get rid of the adhesive on carpet?
- How to make ecological cleaning capsules for toilets?
- 13 cleaning tips with table salt
- Measurements and dimensions for a bathroom
- How to clean your bathroom with lemon?
- How often do you have to change towels?
- Practical storage tips for the bathroom
- How to clean the joints of a bathroom tile?
- How to clean a shower curtain?
- How to clean the bathtub with white vinegar?
- How to clean a hair brush?
- Clean your bathroom with baking soda
- How to unclog the tub with white vinegar?
This may interest you