Home automation refers to techniques that control, program your devices, or automate certain tasks. Home automation increases comfort, the security of your home, and promotes energy savings.
The advantages of home automation
Comfort, energy saving or security, home automation brings several advantages:
- You live more comfortably thanks to the new technologies, having access to simple and practical functionalities to control your devices from a distance.
- You save energy by consuming only the bare necessities of energy.
- You control your devices without having to move (a considerable advantage for people in situations of dependency or disability).
- You correct the oversights with the ability to turn off a light or lock the house remotely.
- You anticipate by planning certain tasks remotely (starting the washing machine, increasing the heating temperature, etc.).
- You secure your home with the surveillance camera or the alarm system in particular.
Home automation: examples of possible scenarios in a smart home
In addition to allowing you to control your devices remotely, home automation allows you to set up complex automated scenarios.
For example, at sunrise, several actions can be triggered simultaneously with a simple click: opening the shutters, raising the temperature of the bathroom heater, activating the setting of the kitchen for the use of the coffee maker or toaster, etc.
You can program a scenario when leaving your home: activation of the alarm and motion detector, turning off the lights, opening and closing the garage door a few minutes later.
When you return home, you can also plan the following scenario: dim lighting, starting background music, raising the heating temperature, and so on. Just select the desired scenario for all actions to take place.
The scenarios must meet your specific needs and you avoid all orders one by one. That's the point of home automation.