The Content Of The Article:

I just bought an old farm, I intend to break a wall between two rooms (non-bearing wall). My problem: one of the rooms is tomettes (old) and the other tiled. The tiles are not (in view of joints and other small defects) very unified to put another coating, either clipping floor or linoleum / vinyl. How can I isolate these two pieces to place the same soil, thank you in advance for your answer,

Each support may correspond to one or more coatings.
The first questions to ask are about future use: main or secondary house, permanently heated or not. Then you have to check if the soil is sometimes wet or not, if it's cold, if it supports a basement... and the budget.
A priori, a parquet (or laminate) are not recommended on the ground floor of an old farm, mainly for reasons of sensitivity to moisture (because, usually, the absence of cellar or crawl space). A floor tile or one terracotta cladding seem more appropriate. A flexible coating, whether it is vinyl coating or linoleum (They are not the same products), are also to be avoided, in case of presence of moisture at ground level.
It is possible to glue a tile or terra-cotta on an old hard surface, provided it is stable, flat and in good condition. In your case, it is probably true for the tiled room, but not in the room equipped with tiles on which it would be necessary a regréage.
One solution is to keep the tiles in place (if it is in good condition and adhering to the support), to deposit the tiles, and replace them with a concrete screed, cut at the same level as the tiles. The set can then be covered with tiles or new tiles.
If you keep two different siding, you need to make a light separation, such as a shelving, at the location of the old partition.

On the same topic

  • Questions answers
    • How to change flooring with an older generation heating floor?
  • DIY tips
    • Laying laminate flooring

This may interest you

Video Instruction: Closet Flange Support for Wobbly Toilets, Cut-Out-Holes, and Rotted Floors