I have a covered terrace - but not closed - in smooth concrete. I am considering the floor but I hesitate on the materials to use knowing that it can freeze on this terrace since rainwater can reach it and I want a coating on which there is no risk of slipping.
The choice of a coating is very vast, depending on the budget and aesthetic criteria...
- If one thinks in risks of slipperiness, terracotta, slates and stones (natural and reconstituted) are rather well placed
- If we think in terms of aging, terracotta, slate and natural stone have proved their worth
Tiled floors are quite slippery in case of rain
There are also resins applicable on concrete. All colors are possible, and they can incorporate anti-slip compositions.
On the same topic
- Questions answers
- How to make waterproof glass blocks?
- Wooden deck on interlocking pavers
- DIY tips
- Outdoor flooring: terraces, driveways
This may interest you