The Content Of The Article:

What recourse in case of a bad seal of a carpentry?

Less than five years after the reception of a new house (June 28, 2013), the tightness at the frame of the glass door is no longer assured against cold and rain. Should we play the property damage insurance or the ten-year guarantee?

Joinery, whether doors or windows, are covered by the ten-year guarantee.
If you have taken the precaution of subscribing property damage insuranceit is she who must play by sending a statement of loss to your insurer. This insurance replaces the decennial. You must do this declaration by registered letter with acknowledgment of receipt by indicating your name, your address, the number of your contract, the date of appearance of the damage and their precise description (attach photos).
The insurer 60 days to answer you and 90 days to make an offer of compensation.

On the same topic

  • Questions answers
    • Understand the scope of the property damage insurance
    • How do you play the guarantee of perfect completion, or annual guarantee?
    • Guarantee of perfect completion or damage insurance
    • Hidden vice (roof) discovered after the purchase of a house: what recourse?

This may interest you

Video Instruction: Repair Chandelier Candelabra Light Fixture Socket with Silicone