When building a detached house, is there a mandatory and mandatory termite technique?
In the departments recognized as being infested by termites (ask the mayor or the prefecture), a protection must be put in place at the level of the foundations. This protection can take different forms:
- physicochemical barrier in the form of a waterproof film installed between the ground and the foundations,
- physical barrier in the form of very fine meshes, preventing the passage of termites,
- controllable construction device, allowing to visit the interface soil / building, the crawl space responds to this constraint.
In general, favor in the regions concerned materials not or not very sensitive to the attack of termites. Obviously avoid wood construction.
On the same topic
- Questions answers
- How to protect against termites in new construction?
- DIY tips
- The xylophagous insects
- All treatments for the frames
This may interest you