Depending on the maintenance to be expected, more or less regular, and the rendering, gloss, satin or mat, how to choose the right protection for its solid wood flooring?
- The parquet varnish is quickly called "glazier" because it forms on the floor a transparent film (matt, shiny or satin) and hard like glass.
- It is the most functional finishing product: simple to apply, the floor is then perfectly protected and easy to maintain. A damp mop is enough to remove stains.
- The wax with its good smell still has its followers, but it requires regular maintenance and is an imperfect barrier to water that often leaves stains.
- The oiled parquet is treated in depth. It is not a surface protection since the wood fiber is embedded in the mass.
- So, the treatment is definitive. You will not be able to delete it. You will also need to oil every six months or so.
- It is recommended for a raw appearance in matte or glossy.